Terms and Conditions
BXR London (“the Gym”), a social & fitness facility situated at 74-76 Chiltern Street, London, W1U 5QY (“the Premises”) is owned by BXR Holdings Limited (“the Company”).
2. Acceptance as a Member
- The Gym has absolute discretion upon whether to accept the application for membership of an applicant as a Member of BXR London. If an application for membership is accepted by the Gym, membership by the applicant shall commence upon the agreed start date. Upon acceptance, the Member shall be issued with a Membership Key personal to him/her and shall be entitled to all of the rights and privileges for which his/her application for membership has been accepted. Entry to the Gym is gained on presentation of a valid membership key at the Front Desk.
- Acceptance by the Gym of an application for membership of BXR London shall constitute a binding contractual arrangement between the Gym, the Manager and the Applicant upon the Terms and Conditions of membership.
3. Limitation of liability
In consideration for BXR London accepting an application for membership of the Gym, and for the applicant becoming and being a Member of the Gym, the Member agrees that:
- None of the Gym, the Company or their directors, employees or agents shall be liable for any loss, damage or theft of personal property belonging to the Member, guest of the Member occurring upon the Gym’s premises.
- None of the Gym, the Company or their directors, employees or agents shall be responsible for any death or injury, occurring upon the Gym’s premises or as a result of the use of facilities, food, beverage, supplements and/or equipment provided by the Gym, except to the extent that such death or personal injury arises from any negligent act or negligent omission of the Gym, the Company or any agent or employee of the Gym or the Company.
4. Physical condition of Member
The Member warrants and represents that he/she is in good physical condition and that he/she is capable of engaging in food & supplementation programs and active or passive exercise and that such programs and exercise would not be detrimental to his/her health, safety, comfort or physical condition. If his/her physical condition changes this must be relayed to the Gym’s manager.
Membership of BXR London is personal to the Member and cannot be assigned, transferred or otherwise disposed of. The Member shall not loan his/her membership key or permit it to be used by anyone but the Member.
- Every candidate for Membership shall be at least 18 years of age.
- Individual Membership is available subject to acceptance by BXR London and subject to the Member abiding by the terms and conditions of Membership and the Gym Rules.
- Group Members shall be subject to the rules governing individual Members; and each Member is jointly and severally liable for the full contract value and any costs incurred as a result of obtaining payment.
- Corporate Membership where applicable shall be available to four or more bona fide employees from the same company. The Gym will request reasonable evidence of employment prior to acceptance as Corporate Members. Corporate Members may transfer membership within the same company on payment of the appropriate transfer fee.
- Life Members and Founding Members are subject to the normal terms and conditions of membership as set out on the ‘Application Form’, subject to the following specific ‘Life Membership’ variation: Life Membership is available for a once only up-front payment to BXR London. No additional joining fee under 7(a) below will be applied. Limited number of Founding Memberships are available for an upfront full annual fee, which will be capped against any price increases for the duration of three years.
7. Joining fee and membership subscriptions
- All new applicants shall make an initial payment comprising of the appropriate joining fee and the subscription applicable at the time of acceptance as a Member of BXR London. The joining fee is a non-refundable payment entitling you to become a Member of the Gym. It does not entitle you to the use of the Club’s facilities as these are covered under the subscription fee. At the time of joining Members must either complete the BXR London Direct Debit agreement or provide credit or debit card details. Irrespective of actual usage of the facilities or any change in the Members’ personal circumstances, ongoing membership subscriptions shall, when due, be payable by each Member and shall be debited from the nominated payment method. In the event of a membership expiring, additional joining fees and the current subscription fees will become payable if the previous Member wishes to re-join.
- All annual membership contracts cannot be cancelled by Members until full 12 months have expired irrespective of usage or change in circumstances. Membership will automatically be renewed and the appropriate subscription payment collected via the Gym’s Direct Debit agreement or by the agreed payment method at each renewal date. Members may cancel their subscriptions and membership at any time after the first year by notifying the Gym in writing giving a minimum of one calendar month’s notice period.
- Membership subscriptions may be increased by the Gym at any time. The Gym shall give the Member no less than thirty days’ notice prior to any such increase.
- If any part of the first twelve monthly membership subscription remains unpaid thirty days after the due date for payment, all monies owing to BXR London in accordance with the contractual agreement will become due immediately.
- Joining fees are applicable upon each term of the Short term membership options.
- Overseas membership entitles the Member to visit the Gym 30 times within 12 months. A visit will be deducted if visiting the Restaurant but not the Rehabilitation Centre.
8. Freezing of Membership
Where a Member is unable to use any of the Gym’s facilities, including the Restaurant & Rehabilitation Centre, due to pregnancy or a medical condition the Member can apply in writing to the Manager to have their membership frozen. The maximum amount of time a membership can be frozen is 6 calendar months and all applications must be supported by a doctor’s letter, which must specify the required length of time they wish for their membership to be frozen. Once the membership has been frozen for the maximum amount of time then the Gym will resume the membership subscription and unfreeze the membership. Please note that frozen Members are only permitted to use the rehabilitation facility for treatments. Members returning from a medical freeze will be required to provide a doctor’s letter stating that they are able to resume exercising.
9. Founder Members
Founder Members must remain current and continuous to benefit from the discretionary founder rate and are only able to ‘freeze’ for pregnancy or a medical condition supported by a doctor’s letter. If the Founder Membership lapses or is cancelled and the Member wishes to rejoin they will incur a re-joining fee and the then applicable subscription rates will apply. For the avoidance of doubt, Founder Members are “Members” for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions.
10. BXR London Account
- All Members are required to have a BXR London charge account with the Gym (excluding one month memberships). This facility enables Members to purchase goods and services throughout the Gym without having to carry cash or credit cards. A maximum credit limit of £1000 will be provided and if this limit is reached the Club will clear this balance from the Member’s nominated payment method at any time throughout the month and then the credit limit will be reset to £1000. The Company reserves the right to lower or remove this credit offer at any time. Members are required to sign a purchase receipt upon receiving the goods or service.
- The full balance outstanding on the BXR London account shall be collected at the beginning of every month via the nominated payment method.
- BXR London account statements can be viewed on the Gym’s website by logging in with the Member’s own personal user name and password. It is the Member’s responsibility to check these statements and to notify the Gym of any changes to the nominated payment method.
11. Termination and Cancellation of Membership
- The Gym may terminate the membership of any Member without notice and with immediate effect and no refund without having to give any reason.
- The Member is not entitled to cancel membership during the initial period of membership.
- After the initial period, a Member may cancel membership by giving one calendar month’s notice in writing to the Gym. The management reserves the right to collect any sums outstanding by Direct Debit or by charging the nominated debit or credit card.
- Where a renewal of membership has been paid in advance, any refund applicable will be calculated as if the Member had been paying on a monthly basis. iv. Upon cancellation of membership, any monies owed to the Gym relating to subscriptions or BXR London accounts will automatically be charged to the Member via Direct Debit or to their nominated debit or credit card.
- Members may cancel their membership within seven days of joining BXR London by resigning in writing and surrendering their membership key. They will then be entitled to receive a full refund at the time of cancellation although for each visit made to the Gym during this period a deduction of the daily guest rate will be made.
- Upon joining, a Member will be allocated a number of electronic guest passes for use in the Member’s current term of membership. Once a Member has used its complimentary guest passes, the Member or its Guest can pay the current guest day fee to enter the Gym and use the facilities including the Restaurant & Rehabilitation Centre. Unused guest passes are not accrued into the next term of membership.
- To keep the Gym exclusive, Members are entitled to invite one Guest per day, provided each Guest completes a Guest Information Form on their initial visit to the Gym and thereafter signs the guest book on the Front Desk. The same Guest may attend the Gym up to a maximum of five times per year. If a Member would like to bring additional guests, they should contact the Duty Manager who will make an informed decision on the day.
- Guests must always enter the Gym accompanied by the Member, or alternatively, the Member must register its Guests´ details with the Front Desk prior to their guests’ arrival. Guests will remain the Member’s responsibility at all times whilst on the Premises.
- A maximum of 3 guests are able to join the Member in the Restaurant.
13. Rehabilitation treatments & Personal Training appointments
- Members must provide 24 hours’ notice when cancelling or re-arranging appointments for treatments or personal training. If a Member fails to attend an appointment without providing the stated notice, the Gym reserves the right to charge the full cost of that service.
14. Bespoke services
If a bespoke programme or service is provided, the Gym reserves the right to require payment in full prior to commencement. These are non-refundable and cannot be charged to BXR London accounts.
15. Hours of Opening
- Normal hours of operation and the hours in which any facility within BXR London are available to Members can be obtained upon request or from the Gym’s website.
- The gymnasium and relaxation facilities including the sauna, steam room & Restaurant will close 30 minutes before the Gym closes.
- The Gym reserves the right to vary these opening times. In addition, BXR London has the right at any time to close any or all of the facilities for the purpose of cleaning, building, decorating, repairs or special functions. During bank and public holidays special hours apply and these can be obtained upon request or from the Gym’s website.
- Fraudulent or wrongful information given in order to obtain a discounted membership will result in the cancellation of all membership rights and any action deemed appropriate by the Gym.
- In the event of any default of the Member, the Gym may disclose personal particulars contained in the membership agreement to a credit reference agency or any other party necessary in obtaining settlement of arrears.
- If through circumstances beyond the control of the Gym, BXR London is unable to provide the full range of services as advertised, the Member shall remain liable for all fees relating to the subscription and other services provided.
- Membership keys are issued upon payment of the appropriate joining fee and subscription. Lost or stolen keys will be replaced by Front of House.
- The Gym retains the right to vary, add or eliminate any of the particular services and facilities provided, including the class timetable and class instructors.
- Only Personal Trainers from the Gym may be used at the Gym.
- Members are not to engage the services of any employee or independent contractor for use outside the Gym without the prior approval of the Gym’s Managing Director.
- The Company cannot accept responsibility for any loss, damage or theft of personal property belonging to a Member, treatment centre client, or any Guest of a Member, occurring upon the Gym’s premises.
- All lost property will be recorded in the lost property log book at the Front of House and kept in a secure place. Personal Items including clothes, shoes, gym equipment and toiletries will be stored for a minimum of 1 month, and valuable items including phones, jewellery, glasses and watches will be stored for a minimum of 3 months. After this time personal items will be donated to charity.