TERMS & CONDITIONS
If you use our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. These Terms form a legally binding contract between yourself and Sweat by BXR, and govern your use of the Services. If you do anything in breach of these Terms we may terminate your account and right to receive our Services.
We may change these Terms from time to time. If a revision is material we shall, at our discretion, notify you. If you continue to use our Services after any revisions take effect then you will be taken to have agreed to the revised Terms. These Terms were last updated on 1st September 2017.
We may change the features of our Services from time to time. We do not guarantee that any particular Services will be made available.
Sweat by BXR (“the studios”), a social and fitness facility situated at 74-76 Chiltern Street, London, W1U 5QY (“the Premises”) is owned by BXR Holdings Limited (“the Company”).
Limitation of liability
In consideration for Clients/Sweat Members using the classes, and facilities of Sweat by BXR London, the Clients/Members agrees that:
- None of the Gym, the Company or their directors, employees or agents shall be liable for any loss, damage or theft of personal property belonging to the Member, guest of the Member, or Sweat client occurring upon the Gym’s premises.
- None of the Gym, the Company or their directors, employees or agents shall be responsible for any death or injury, occurring upon the Gym’s premises or as a result of the use of facilities, food, beverage, supplements and/or equipment provided by the Gym, except to the extent that such death or personal injury arises from any negligent act or negligent omission of the Gym, the Company or any agent or employee of the Gym or the Company.
- You must be aged 16 years or over to attend any of our Sweat Sessions or to use any of our facilities.
- Where you are booked to attend a Sweat Sessions, you must turn up in good time before the start to enable the instructor to commence at the advertised time. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to latecomers.
- You are responsible for correctly using our facilities and agree to observe the conditions in the Health Commitment Statement (PARQ) which you agreed to when registering for an account on the website. A copy of the Health Commitment Statement (PARQ) is available at reception.
- You acknowledge that not all our staff, agents and subcontractors are medically qualified, so if you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to exercise, you must obtain prior advice from a doctor.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave a Sweat Sessions and/or refuse you access to our Studios if we reasonably consider that your conduct is damaging to our reputation, is in breach of these rules or it would otherwise be in the interest of other users of the Studios or participants in our Sweat Sessions.
- You acknowledge that Sweat Sessions timetables and instructors are subject to change. We will endeavour to give you prior notice wherever possible.
- You bring all personal belongings to our Studios at your own risk. We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to these items before, during or after your attendance at any Sweat Session.
Purchasing Sweat Sessions
- All Sweat Sessions are booked via pre-paid Credits. To book, your account must first be loaded with at least one Credit. Credits can be purchased online via our website or through reception.
- One credit entitles you to attend one Sweat Session. Prices for credits are available on our website and shall be determined by us (subject to change.). Multiple credits may be purchased as packages at discounted rates.
- All Credits have an expiry date and cannot be redeemed after that expiry date has passed. Please view our website for the current packs and their respective expiries.
- Credits and Sweat Sessions are non-transferable and you should not allow anyone else to book Sweat Sessions using your Credits. If you wish to book a friend into a Sweat Session you will have to purchase an additional credit / Sweat Session.
- Subject to any statutory right of cancellation, payments for Credits are non-refundable unless otherwise stated in these Conditions.
- You may be given access to promotional codes in connection with any sales or marketing campaigns we are running at any given time. Promotional codes are unique to each offer; offers are subject to our discretion and may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
- Promotional codes cannot be reused and are valid for one use per customer, unless otherwise stated within the offer.
How to Book a Class
- You can access the Sweat Sessions timetable and instructor information on our website or app. Once you have registered your details (or, where you are already registered, after you have logged in using your username and password), you can check availability and book Sweat Sessions in advance online/via the app.
- When you book a Sweat Sessions, one Credit will be deducted from your account.
- We make every effort to ensure that there are a suitable number of Sweat Sessions available at different times of the day. However, Sweat Sessions are subject to availability and we do not guarantee that spaces will always be available, even if you have sufficient Credits in your account.
- You can cancel a booking up to 12 hours before the Sweat Sessions time, and receive a refund of your Credit. If you cancel with less than 12 hours’ prior notice, you will lose your credit (which we operate to ensure fair booking opportunities to all clients.)
- If the Sweat Sessions you wish to attend is fully booked, you may choose an alternative with remaining spaces. Alternatively, you may join a waitlist for the fully booked Sweat Sessions.
- If you join the waitlist and a space becomes available, users on the waitlist will be allocated a space on a first come first served basis, up to 12 hours before the Sweat Sessions. You will be notified by e-mail if you are automatically added to a Sweat Sessions.
- If you are allocated a place on a Sweat Sessions from the waitlist, the normal cancellation rules will apply.
- In the event of late cancellations in the 12 hours before a Sweat Session, we will email all people on the waitlist who did not receive a place. To secure your place, you must click on the link in the email.
- If you are on a waitlist and you no longer wish to secure a place in the relevant Sweat Sessions, please make sure you cancel your place on the waitlist.
- If we cancel a class, your credit will be refunded.
- CANCELLATIONS: As stated in the agreements, YOU MUST CANCEL CLASS 12 HOURS IN ADVANCE OR YOU WILL BE DEDUCTED THAT CREDIT. This includes switching time slots and or switching a studio for another Sweat Session (subject to availability) – under the 12-hour notice time period. You may cancel class through the BXR app, the online system or by calling us directly.
- RESERVATIONS:YOU MUST BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT 5 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR SCHEDULED SWEAT SESSION OR YOUR SPOT MAY BE GIVEN TO A WAITLISTED CLIENT. ONCE THE CLASS HAS STARTED, YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ENTRANCE INTO THE STUDIO.
- Membership shall commence upon the agreed start date. Upon payment, the Member shall be issued with a Membership Account personal to him/her and shall be entitled to all of the rights and privileges for which his/her application for membership has been accepted.
- Every candidate for Membership shall be at least 16 years of age.
- At the time of joining Members must provide credit or debit card details. Irrespective of actual usage of the facilities or any change in the Members’ personal circumstances, ongoing membership subscriptions shall, when due, be payable by each Member and shall be debited from the nominated payment method.
- All membership contracts cannot be cancelled by Members until the full three months have expired irrespective of usage or change in circumstances. Membership will automatically be renewed after three months and the appropriate subscription payment collected via the agreed payment method at each renewal date, unless otherwise notified of cancellation. Members may cancel their subscriptions and membership at any time after the first three months by notifying Sweat by BXR in writing giving a minimum of one calendar month’s notice period. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership subscriptions price may be increased by Sweat at any time. Sweat by BXR will give the Member no less than thirty days’ notice prior to any such increase.
- If payment is not received for any part of your Sweat membership, subscription will be revoked immediately.
- Where a Member is unable to use any of the Sweat by BXR facilities, due to pregnancy, a medical condition or long-term travel, the Member can apply in writing to the Manager to have their membership frozen. The minimum freezing term is one month. Once the membership has been frozen for the maximum amount of time (3 months,) it will be unfrozen, and resume subscription as per usual.
- Sweat by BXR may reprimand, suspend or expel any member without assigning any reason for doing so if, in their opinion, the conduct of the member is or has been likely to be injurious to the character or interests of the Sweat by BXR. No appeal whatsoever shall lie from the Proprietor’s decision nor shall any member or guest have any claim or remedy whatsoever against Sweat by BXR or any director or employee in respect of any such matter.
- Memberships that have been paid in advance are not eligible for any refund (3 months upfront.)
- Certain areas of our website may only be accessed by registering with us or by logging in with a username and password. This includes the Sweat Sessions booking pages.
- Please contact us by email at if you have any problems accessing pages of our website due to issues with the registration process or your log-in details.
- You must not allow any other person to use your username, password or other login details and must treat such information as confidential and must not disclose it to any third party. If you believe or suspect that someone else knows your login details you must contact us as soon as possible.
- We reserve the right to disable your user identification or password used to access this website at any time if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with these terms and conditions.
- We cannot guarantee that unauthorised people will not be able to access confidential information hosted on or downloaded from this website.
- You shall not obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to an area of this website which is only accessible with a username and password other than that which has been identified as being available to you through the logins and passwords notified to you or to any other area of our computer system or network; nor will you attempt to evade our authentication or security procedures nor assist, encourage or permit any other person to do any of the above things.
- You should be aware that some of the documents, files and other information available on our website may contain personal data subject to applicable data protection legislation. You must not use that data contrary to such legislation. To the extent that your jurisdiction does not have in force data protection legislation at least as stringent as that applying in England from time to time you undertake to treat such personal data as if it were subject to the legislation applying in England from time to time to the extent it is more stringent.
- We shall not be liable for any losses you suffer as a result of unauthorised access to your account until such time as you have informed us of unauthorised use or possible unauthorised use of your login details or of a breach of security.
- We shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from your use of an area of this website which is only accessible with a username and password other than in accordance with these terms and conditions including, but without limitation, any special, consequential or indirect loss, any loss of profit or goodwill, any loss of data or for any business or economic loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use an area of this website which is only accessible with a username and password. We do not charge you any separate fee for access to and use of any areas of the website which are only accessible with a username and password. On this basis you agree that these terms and conditions, and in particular the limits on our liability and obligations, are fair and reasonable.
- If you are accessing an area of this website which is only accessible with a username and password to use the Services available through it otherwise than in the course of your business, you have certain statutory rights as a consumer regarding the performance of the Services. These statutory rights will not be affected by any statement contained in these terms and conditions.